Sunday, August 3, 2008

Strawberry Pie

Strawberries came up in casual conversation...and it was all down hill from there.
After calling Shari's restaurant (my first choice), Perkins, Safeway and Yokes I finally found an Albertsons with a strawberry pie. When I arrived I was so pleased to see that customer service is alive and well and that the cashier had taken me seriously, setting my pie aside in a bag on the customer service counter. I opened the bag with anticipation and slowly deflated as I stared at the drizzled strawberry sauce on what appeared to be very hard and very old whip topping. "This won't do," I muttered to myself, shuffling quickly back to the bakery department in my house slippers praying no one I knew would see me.

I settled on a boston cream cake with large strawberries on the top. Three large slices later I was miserable, rolling around at home unable to get comfortable. To think... I not only drove 20 minutes to get that pie but settled for temporary satisfaction of what has become a permanent craving.

No comments: