Monday, August 4, 2008

YAWOD

In the world of merging couples names (we have TomKat, Brangelina, etc.) I am taking it a step further and merging the two things that, as the host body of a seemingly fickle baby, have become very endearing and nickname worthy to me: yogurt and water.

No, I don't mix them...but for whatever reason they are the only two things that I can successfully keep down therefore securing my loyalty to each. I tried to be sneaky...outwit the hormones so to speak but they were wise to this prego's game. I had two slices of toast AND some yogurt, victoriously proclaiming a half hour later, "Ta-da! I have found the cure! I have a vice! I can eat to-" My proclamation was cut off but my body convulsing and the toast angrily making its way out of my stomach. I swear if bread had a face those thick country home slices would have been sticking their tongues out at me, laughing and chucking crust at my sweaty forehead.

So, I have embraced it...my yawod (which for those of you who haven't yet figured out means Yogurt And Water Only Day) because really, who am I to upset the beauty of simplicity? Who am I to complain when yogurt comes in every flavor besides big mac and is incredibly good for the body? Who am I to feel sorry for myself as I bitterly suck down what feels like gallons of water an hour only to pee them out and have to replace them? One can only chalk such nonsensical negativity up to mood swings and sporadic emotional outbursts.

But not this one.

No.

My brain assures me that I am the ONLY pregnant woman who has ever had morning sickness, water retention, frequent urination, minute by minute meltdowns and a love/hate relationship with water and yogurt.

I am the queen of YAWOD.

No comments: